AAVSO: American Association of Variable Star Observers

Proposal #382

Proposer (35627) Cledison da Silva (marcosdb2@outlook.com) obscode: DCMA
Assigned To(3663) Dirk Terrell
Date SubmittedJuly 19, 2023

I would like to request B and V observations for star V347 AUR in support of the campaign requested by Drs. Michael Richmond (Rochester Institute of Technology) and Nicolas Grosso (Laboratoire d'Astrophysique de Marseille) via Alert Notice 830 posted today, 7/19/2023 by AAVSO.
The researchers request observations to start immediately with the end of the campaign scheduled for 01/11/2023.
The alert requests to observe a few times per night, with observations spaced about an hour apart to detect rising/declining trends, but not to take time away from other observers using the same telescope, one sequence per clear night is fine.
Thanks in advance for your attention.

Target RA (H.HH) Dec (D.DD) Magnitude Telescope Observation Frequency Expiration Date Proprietary Term
V0347 Aur 4.949172 51.51414 16.5–11.8 BSM_NM 1 Nov. 30, 2023 No


(3663) Dirk Terrell — July 20, 2023, 2:45 p.m.

The TAC hass approved this proposal and #383. Do BVI observations and do the two proposals on different telescopes.

(4726) Kenneth Menzies — July 27, 2023, 2:04 a.m.

Committed to NM and TX

(35627) Cledison da Silva — Oct. 20, 2023, 1:54 p.m.

Hi Dirk. Yesterday the researcher responsible for alert 830 regarding the V347 aur campaign mentioned in a comment posted on the campaign that he will not need any more measurements for the star. The comment can be checked here: https://www.aavso.org/v-347-aur-campaign-2023
However, I would like to continue with measurements as it is an active YSO and your observations may be useful in monitoring its behavior. Therefore, I would like to know if it would be possible to extend the observations beyond the expiration date of the current proposal??

(3663) Dirk Terrell — Oct. 20, 2023, 2:26 p.m.

It would probably be better to submit a new proposal so the full TAC can evaluate it.

(35627) Cledison da Silva — Oct. 20, 2023, 2:36 p.m.

Thanks Dirk for the quick response. As I still have a little more than a month on this proposal, I will wait until it is close to completion and send another proposal.

Comments on this proposal are closed.